Twitter is a micro-blogging site with huge number of users. Its one of the top social networking media and getting twitter fan base for your blog can drive you huge traffic. By adopting some of the common and best practices, you can increase substantially the number of visitors to your blog from Twitter. Here are some of the ways to get huge traffic from twitter. They are general points that do affects your visitors driving factor.
- Increase your followers. "Follow me and I will follow you back". Make sure you follow people of your niche. Going through Profile of people will ensure that you follow the people of your niche and increase your chances of getting followed. You can follow me @mbBlogging on twitter. You can even request your friends to follow you on twitter initially and share you on social media. Connecting with people of your niche will be a major factor in traffic. A cricketer fan will never visit a tweet about body building.
- Use shorten URLs. Twitter provide a fixed number of characters in a tweet. Hence, shortening your URL will ensure that you have enough characters to describe in brief what the link is all about. Giving a description is good way of letting people know whats its all about. you can use tinyurl.com for this shortening your URL. Try to limit your tweets in less than allowed character so that people when retweet it have enough characters for the complete tweet.
- Updating you profile. Keep your profile Bio updated and relevant. Keep it attractive to increase your follower numbers. Mention your blog link in your profile. Keep your username related to your niche or your blog address. People will tend to remember you more by this. Upload your profile pic. Make your account look genuine. If its representing an organisation, putting the logo of organisation is a good idea.
- You profile Pic.
- Profile Bio mentioning your interests.
- You blog address in Your profile.
- Tweet regularly. Tweet your new articles. Tweet quotes or some lines of contents from your posts and mention the links of that post. Re-tweet for others who are in your follow list. How can you hope someone to re-tweet you if you don't do the same? Give time for others. Keep in touch with your audience, with people you are following and those who are following you. Tweeting your old articles which have been in popular posts lists is also a good way of getting some more traffics.
- Add twitter to your site. There are a lots of twitter gadgets and plugins for your blog. Add them and ask people to join. People are most likely to follow you from your blog reading any article. You can mention your twitter username in an article and asking people to follow you. You can add twitter buttons from Add twitter buttons.
- Use hash tags. Using hash tags in your tweets will ensures people to search your tweet through these tags. For example, for this post, "How to get huge traffic from twitter", I may use hash tags like #twitter #traffic #blogging etc.
- Don't spam. Do you post the same blog article many times? No. Then why tweeting about the same article a thousand times. Don't spam. Try posting about an article twice a day at peak times. You will find it by yourself by trying different time for posting. Don't un necessarily keep on tweeting the same stuff and Don't un-necessarily tag peoples.