This means when you register on StumbleUpon, you will be asked to select your choices of Interest and whenever you 'Stumble', you will be shown a web page submitted by another user in that category. Its totally random. Getting some +1 on StumbleUpon can make your article go viral leading to a huge traffic to your blog.
How to submit links to StumbleUpon?
- Create a StumbleUpon account on its website www.stumbleupon.com. You can use your Facebook or Twitter account to register or with any open Id.
- After Creating an account on StumbleUpon, you will be asked to select your Interests. Select whatever you like.
- Now, go to username, and from the drop down menu, select "Add a Page". You will be redirected to a submit page where you can submit links of your blogs.
- Fill the details and submit your page. You will see some traffic to your blog for sure. Instantly.
- Selecting the Area of Interest for post is most important. No one is gonna like your post on 'Body building' if you submit it in a category of 'Mathematics'.
- Submit a separate link for all your posts.
- Try to give as much Tags as possible. Find some keywords from your post and add them in tags. I am not sure that will help but if its their, its must be of some use.
- Add a good comment to your link. Sometimes users are attracted to your post by seeing a good informative comment.
Some Don'ts for StumbleUpon.
- Don't spam. Submitting too much links just for the shake of traffic is not a good idea. Don't pollute it. There are people out their for recreation. Submit only quality things. No one loves a useless junk.
- Their is a limit of number of links you can submit. One/day is good.
- One link cannot be added more than once. Don't waste your time trying for that.
- Its a short term benefit. For a longer period, you have to switch to 'Quality contents, SEO and link buildings' only.
Top 3 Google Adsense alternatives.